Election Night Kicks off in the US with the First Results
The United States began to close its polls on Tuesday night, and the first results are already being released to find out who will be the next US President between Donald Trump and Joe Biden.
Almost 100 million Americans had voted in advance before the polls opened on November 3. It is 72.3% of the total who voted in the 2016 elections, according to data from the US Election Project.
According to Europa Press, before election day, more than 99.65 million Americans voted. 35.7 million people have done so in person in advance in the days leading up to Election Day and almost 64 million people voted by mail.
Out of the 270 seats in the Electoral College so far Joe Biden has 119 seats and Donald Trump holds 92.
The list of states where the results of the election are final
Here is the list of the states with confirmed results of the presidential elections.
- Florida, Donald Trump wins with 50.9% and Joe Biden has 48.2%.
- Pennsylvania, Joe Biden wins with 77.4% and Donald Trump with 20.3%.
- Indiana Donald Trump wins with 60.2% and Joe Biden has 38%.
- New Hampshire, Joe Biden wins with 57% and Donald Trump has 41.3%.
- Kentucky Donald Trump wins with 60% and Joe Biden has 38.4%.
- Ohio, Joe Biden wins with 60.1% and Donal Trump with 38.8%.
- Vermont, Joe Biden wins with 68.5% and Donald Trump with 28.8%.
- Texas, Joe Biden wins with 49.4% and Donald Trump with 49.2%.
- Massachusetts, Joe Biden wins with 52.6% and Donald Trump with 45.4%.
- North Carolina, Joe Biden wins with 52.4% and Donald Trump with 46.5%.
- Georgia Donald Trump wins with 55.8% and Joe Biden with 43.2%.
- Michigan, Donald Trump wins with 57.1% and Joe Biden with 41%.
- Oklahoma Donald Trump wins with 56.9% and Joe Biden with 41%.
- West Virginia, Donald Trump wins with 63.6% and Joe Biden with 34.8%.
The outcome of the elections is still unclear. Millions of votes remain uncounted, and none of the candidates can claim victory yet.
The US is experiencing the highest electoral turnout in a century with more than hundred million people casting their ballots in early voting before the election day, and tens of millions more adding their votes on Tuesday.
The nation is on edge. However, the final result may not be known for days.
Get the latest economy news, trading news, and Forex news on Finance Brokerage. Check out our comprehensive trading education and list of best Forex brokers list here. If you are interested in following the latest news on the topic, please follow Finance Brokerage on Google News.