Covid in Hong Kong: a list of places closing from tomorrow
Covid in Hong Kong: A list of places closing starting Friday
Hong Kong will begin banning many public activities from Friday. Those activities include bars, pubs, gyms, karaoke rooms, and many others.
The Asian financial hub will start re-imposing strict measures beginning Friday. It will last for two weeks as the city faces the spread of the highly infectious omicron strain.
Carrie Lam, Chief Executive, said that they are facing a very threatening situation, and that’s why they have to take very decisive measures. She spoke about it when she announced stringent measures to prevent the outbreak as early as possible.
The government also announced the ban of incoming flights from eight countries starting from Jan. 8 to Jan. 21. Those countries include the United States, Australia, France, Canada, India, the Philippines, Pakistan, the United Kingdom.
According to a government website, Hong Kong reported 39 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday. It has 12,709 confirmed cases so far.
According to government data, 73.5.% of the total population has received two doses of the vaccine so far. The city adopts a strict, zero-Covid approach with testing requirements. This situation is in sharp contrast to many countries worldwide. As most countries have shifted to a living with Covid strategy, it is so.
The list of restrictions:
- Restaurants can not offer dine-in services to clients every day from 6 p.m. until 5 a.m. local time the next day.
- Bars or pubs will no longer be open.
- No live performance, Karaoke, or dancing activities are allowed.
- Theme parks, party rooms, museums, karaoke rooms, game centers, cinemas will be closed.
- Sports and beauty activities: swimming pools, fitness centers, sports premises, beauty saloons, and bathhouses will remain shut.
- All local tours and cruises are no longer available.
- Public hospital visits remain unavailable.
The government also canceled Cyclothon, a mass cycling event, and entertainment establishments such as Hong Kong Disneyland.
Get the latest economy news, trading news, and Forex news on Finance Brokerage. Check out our comprehensive trading education and list of best Forex brokers list here. If you are interested in following the latest news on the topic, please follow Finance Brokerage on Google News.